Carpvale Doubles is a picturesque 3.5 acre lake off the A64 on the outskirts of Malton. The original part of the lake was created in the late 1960's and initially used for trout fishing before becoming disused in the late 1970's.
Carpvale saw the site's potential and in 2008 purchased the lake and the surrounding land. Work then took place with the lake being extended to its current size. The site was fully otter fenced and shortly after the lake was stocked with a wide variety of double figure Carp from our own fish farms.
The lake holds a large head of Mirrors, with the lake record currently at 27.14. Along with these there are a number of good commons with the record standing at 30.4, Ghost Carp to 23.3 and also Catfish to 31.12. We have a long-term stocking policy which sees the introduction of new fish every winter from our sites.
Doubles has 14 wood chipped bivvy swims but only allows 12 anglers at any one time giving the last angler to arrive a choice of 3 swims. Each swim has an island feature as well as a marginal cover, making each capable of producing fish.
Doubles offers a flush toilet as well as a cold water tap and adequate parking just a short stroll from the lake.
Any angler wanting to fish at Carpvale Doubles must have pre-booked before fishing. To make a booking a minimum 50% deposit is required to secure your peg, this can be done by simply using a credit/debit card over the phone. For more information contact 01904 738249 or 07774 704301 or 07588 679595. Day permits are available Monday - Thursday at a cost of £10.00 (8.00AM till dusk). 24/48/72 hour permits are available at £20.00 per 24 hours throughout the week. A range of bait is available if pre-booked.
All anglers who fish at Doubles will be asked to fill in a catch return form. Once a month one catch return form is drawn out to win a 24 hour fishing permit and a £20.00 tackle voucher at England Angling.
Click to enlarge
Carpvale Doubles GENERAL RULES
- All anglers must have pre-booked.
- Gates MUST be kept closed at all times.
- ANYONE with litter in or around his/her peg will be told to leave. ANYONE found leaving litter at the site will be BANNED.
- Anglers must refrain from climbing on or interfering with the fence in any way.
- Anglers must remain within the lake boundary, failure to do so will result in the angler being banned.
- Anglers must not interfere with any plants, vegetation or trees.
- NO FIRES under any circumstances.
Carpvale Doubles FISHING RULES
- Maximum two rods per angler.
- Only CARP RODS to be used.
- All fish must be returned to the lake, anyone found removing fish WILL be prosecuted.
- No fish to be sacked or held for any reason.
- All anglers must have unhooking mats.
- Barbless or microbarb hooks only.
- No fixed leads to be used.
- No braided main lines to be used.
- No nuts.
- No fish to be held in cloths or towels.
- Fishing is only allowed from designated platforms.
Carpvale Doubles is situated close to the market town of Malton. Follow the A64 Malton bypass heading towards Scarborough, at the point where the dual carriageway merges into a single road, the site entrance (which is signposted) is approximately 100 yards on your left. If you get to the turn off on the right hand side for the Ham & Cheese Pub, you have gone 1/4 mile past the entrance.
Click to enlarge